Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Let's just kick things off, shall we?

Hello everyone!
Welcome to the Official Rock Candy Production Blog! 100% legit Rock Candy coverage! At least once a week! Actually scratch that! I'm not sure I can commit! But stuff will be happening! On here.

It will be delicious.

To introduce myself:
My name is Orlando. I'm a senior-year college student at the Savannah College of Art and Design, studying Animation and Storyboarding!

Here at SCAD, Animation majors are required to produce a 30sec+ senior film in the medium of their choice. They go through a concept development class to prepare before heading into animation. For Traditional 2D, they have a quarter to animate the film and another to clean it up, ink it, and color it. There's also a Post Production class now (but my year is not required to take it).

My film is titled "Rock Candy". It is the charming tale of a little cyclops miner named Toby, who finds an enormous whopper of a diamond while digging one day. Greed gets the better of him, but will he be able to keep this gem a secret from any of the other miners? Hmmm...

The poster says otherwise...

The poster was inked and colored and shaded and beautified and basically entirely done by Jina Noh. I did do the initial sketch, though. Anyway, she's my girlfriend and totes BF fo' eva, and you should totally check out out her blog at http://jayensbook.blogspot.com/ because girl got some serious skillz, yo!

She's also helping out with layout, inking, and coloring on the film! Isn't that awesome?!

You should also check out my own blog at http://odditystew.blogspot.com/ because that's kinda cool, too. I haven't updated it in a little while, but it'll pick up again soon.

Anyway, look forward to some rough animations coming your ways soon, along with some neat production arts and sketches!

Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment