Saturday, October 8, 2011

Woops, didn't do any work today.

I've been pretty on schedule so far, but I find that I generally do most of my work for my film on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.
I could do Fridays, but I usually sleep in to make up for any long nights in the past week.
And I could do Saturdays, but I always spend too much time cooking or cleaning or something and by then, the amount I could get done if I go to Montgomery Hall to work goes down considerably.

Today, that happened, and now I feel crummy.
I'm going to try to make up for it by drawing out a couple of layouts I missed and maybe doing the helmet-head turn arounds for Toby and Schmigg. They're the two main characters, and the only re-design they went through over the summer was that they now have helmets. Despite this, the helmets have not been properly locked down on a model sheet, and I feel that's pretty important, and should have happened by now.

Speaking of layouts, however, I'll treat you guys to some preproduction art today.


I feel that I'm alright with backgrounds, but coloring and lighting are not exactly my forte, so I decided to have someone I trusted could do it well do it instead. Jina was really helpful, and my professor really liked her stuff!


That's the main cave where Toby first finds the diamond. I wanted it to be welcoming and well-lighted; warm colors and general niceness all round.




This is the cave where the two miners fall after fighting for a while. Generally a pretty dark and dreary place.


Til next time, guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment